QURE Healthcare is a solutions-based company that measures clinical practice and assesses economic value for many different clients working to improve healthcare.
Our vision is to become the global leader in healthcare quality measurement. We use our core technology, Clinical Performance and Value™ vignettes, to measure and change clinical behavior.
QURE stands for: Quality, Understanding, Research and Evidence.
CPV vignettes are the industry’s most effective tool to measure, monitor, and improve clinical performance and variation. CPV vignettes are simulated patients that give different doctors (or other types of providers) the same patient to take care of and measure clinical practice patterns among groups of providers. CPV vignettes control for case mix variation, meaning that by having physicians care for the same patient(s), it eliminates variation in care that might come from different patient populations.
Doctors and other providers are measured in 5 domains: history taking, physical examination, imaging and laboratory testing, diagnostic accuracy and clinical treatment or management.
CPV vignettes are ideal for measuring change over time—such as before and after an intervention or a new product is introduced—and for comparing quality and practice in different sites of care—such as between provider groups, hospitals, or countries.
CPV vignettes utilizes a proprietary scoring technology based upon evidence based criteria, and adjudicated by qualified physicians to determine the value of clinical practice.
QURE Healthcare is committed to using CPV vignettes to improve healthcare and lower health costs in a wide variety of settings. Insurance companies, policy makers, health providers, and drug/medical device companies can all use CPV vignettes.
- For biotech/pharmaceutical companies with a new product, QURE can design a low-cost clinical study using CPV vignettes to measure utilization of the product and its impact on clinical practice. The results provide valuable evidence to present to payers. Read more about our Life Sciences and Medical Technology work.
- For hospitals and doctors, CPV vignettes can improve the level of care provided. Simply the act of measuring has been shown to increase the quality of care. CPV vignettes administered to physicians can help care providers target areas that need improvement in order to provide the best possible care. Read more about our Payers and Providers work.
- For those shaping policy, CPV vignettes are the ideal tool to raise quality and lower costs. CPV vignettes measures physician clinical behavior and identifies where practice variation occurs, how to eliminate outliers and what needs to be done to reduce costs and increase value. CPV vignettes help find the most cost-effective methods that hospitals systems and payers can pursue and subsequently invest in with confidence. Read more about our Policy, Government & International work.
CPV vignettes are the ideal alternative to chart abstraction. Chart abstractions, a method of collecting data on physician practice, are time consuming and consummately prone to error and false negatives/positives. CPV vignettes are prospective evaluations and case mix adjusted so that they are inherently fair and reliable.
Clinical studies are used to determine the effectiveness—real world opportunities for new products, policies or delivery models and payment systems. Unfortunately, without controlling for patient variability, practice differences and the quality of the medical record determining practice change requires a large sample size, a long time horizon and trained nurse abstractors. A typical clinical study is beyond the means of most budgets costing millions of dollars and takes 2-3 years to complete.
CPV vignettes measure clinical practice, practically and accurately in a fraction of the time and costs. A typical QURE study takes 4-6 months, yields peer-review data and costs 85% less than a traditional randomized control study. CPV vignettes have been validated as measures of clinical practice in two large randomized control studies (see Publications).
QURE works with clients to design a prospectively designed study. If an intervention is included in the design, participants are randomized so that causality can be determined. The effect of the policy system level change are specified before hand and included in the CPV™ vignettes. CPV™ vignettes are given to providers and, like a typical clinical visit, take 10-15 minutes to finish. CPV™ vignettes are administered online at the providers convenience. Data collection is fast and accurate. Studies using CPV™ vignettes involve only 1-2 months to complete data collection and produce timely and detailed results, making them a highly favorable alternative to a traditional randomized prospective control trial.
CPV based interventions to raise quality, change practice or increase value show results in 6 to 8 months.
QURE can design experiments using CPV vignettes to ask:
- Does my product help doctors treat patients?
- Does my product cut costs?
- Are the doctors at my hospital providing high quality care?
- How can I improve the quality of care at my hospital?
- How can I lower healthcare costs?
- How do I conduct comparative research?
CPV vignettes can help lower costs by assessing, quantifying and identifying quality of care among different providers and between organizations. By identifying those methods that are most effective and least costly, this provides valuable information to payers and policy makers about which healthcare techniques should be supported.